What is Postmodernity?
Friday 25.4.2018; 20h
Duration: 2 hours+ 45 min Q & A
An introduction into postmodernity
Most people are using the term 'postmodernity' without knowing what it is or means exactly. Is it an Ideology or a stage of social-cutural development, with movements in philosophy, architecture and literature? Is the civil rights movement intrinsicly connected with postmodernity, and is it a whole new worldview? What are the virutes and fallacies of postmodernity?
In this interactive webinar we will delving into the facets of postmodernity - because only by knowing who we are and in what kind of culture we are living in, we can know we could be and where we could strive to.
Although a fairly complex topic you will get a profound understanding of the important arguments of postmodern philosophers and you will gain new ways to answer questions like:
- What is truth?
- Is there an objective world outside of consciousness?
- What is postmodernity and what are her main aspects?
- What are her virtues and fallacies?
- What comes after postmodernity?
- Why is postmodernity so politisied?
- Is everything socially constructed?
- Were you being born as a man or a woman?
How does the webinar work?
Participation and interaction are voluntary - you can decide for yourself if you use your camera and microphon or not. There is a chatroom where you can post questions.
You you receive a Zoom-Link on the day of the webinar.
Cost: € 29,-